Baby Red Potato Salad
- 4 thinly sliced Vidalia onions
- 2 cups coarse salt
- 3 cups apple-cider vinegar
- 1 3-pound bag red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- Layer onions and salt in a bowl. Pour vinegar over onions. Set aside for 30 minutes to draw out the bitter juices.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a pot of cold salted water. Cook until fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and cut potatoes in half. Cut each half into 1/4-inch slices to form half-moons.
- Place still-warm cut potatoes in a medium-size bowl. Drain onions from vinegar, reserving a little vinegar as dressing. Stir in olive oil and flat-leaf parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.