Use this recipe for pissaladiere dough, which is from "Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook," when you are making a delcious pissaladiere pizza.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008
Yield Makes enough for one 17-by-12-inch tart
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for bowl
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces (about 1 3/4 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle sugar and yeast over 1/4 cup warm water. Stir with a fork until sugar and yeast are dissolved. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup warm water, along with oil, salt, and flour. Using a wooden spoon, stir until dough forms. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.