Caramelized Grilled Fruit
After dinner, add a few more coals to the still-warm grill, and prepare this simple, fresh dessert. This recipe calls for bananas, but Martha also likes to make a fresh-fig version; choose whatever ripe, unblemished fruit looks best at the market.
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1998
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 4 ripe yellow or white peaches, cut in half
- 4 ripe red plums, cut in half
- 4 miniature ripe bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- Heat grill or broiler to medium-hot. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Add all fruit, and toss.
- Fold the edges of a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil to form a shallow baking pan, and place on grill. Arrange the fruit, cut sides down, on the foil. Cook fruit until browned and caramelized around the edges, rearranging occasionally to prevent burning. Turn the fruit over, and repeat; serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.