Barbecue Mixed Salad
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Neil Perry.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2007
- 1 piece (1/2 pound) butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, halved crosswise, and cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 2 zucchini, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons verjus or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add squash and cook until just tender. Drain squash and place in a large bowl along with peppers, zucchini, garlic, and onion in a large bowl. Add oil, verjus, and rosemary, and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Drain vegetables and place on grill pan, working in batches if necessary. Cook vegetables until tender.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.