Parmigiano-Reggiano is the best cheese to use for these.
Martha Stewart Living, June/July Summer 1993
- 1 thin, crusty baguette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut baguette at a sharp angle into 1 1/2-inch slices. Spread both sides with butter, if desired, and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Rub garlic clove on one side of each toast and top with a sprinkling of cheese. Return to oven and toast until cheese is crisp and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 350 degrees if toast begins to brown too fast. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.