We looked for small squash and served them cut in half. You may quarter larger squash if necessary. Using various types of squash makes for an attractive presentation.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2001
- 8 squash, such as kabocha, acorn, delicata, and buttercup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut squash in half, and remove seeds using an ice-cream scoop or large spoon. Arrange them cut side up on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter, honey, and thyme over medium heat until melted and thoroughly combined. Using a pastry brush, coat the squash with butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and tender.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.