Celery Endive Slaw
This recipe for delicious celery endive slaw was first seen in the November 2007 issue of Martha Stewart Living.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
- 2 ribs of celery, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 Belgian endives
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese, preferably Maytag, crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut celery crosswise into 3-inch pieces, then slice each piece lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips. Halve each endive lengthwise, cut out core, and slice each half lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips.
- Whisk together blue cheese, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Toss celery and endive with dressing; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with celery leaves and blue cheese.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.