French Potato Salad
Georgian home cook Louise Brescia of Atlanta shares an herbed potato salad that's great with burgers and barbecue.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 2 1/2 pounds fingerling or small new potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold water by 1 inch and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Run under cold water to cool slightly, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, shallot, parsley, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature. To store, refrigerate, up to overnight.
If you don't have sherry vinegar, try cider or champagne vinegar instead. Use your favorite fresh herbs in this potato salad to make it your own.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.