Everyday Food, October 2003
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and lightly mashed
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- In a bowl, combine avocados, onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt, and mix to combine.
You can make the guacamole several hours ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic directly onto the surface of the guacamole to prevent discoloration.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.