Chocolate-Coconut Macaroon Cups
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Yield Makes 12
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces (one package) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a standard (12-cup) nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until combined. Add coconut; mix with a fork until coated. Dividing evenly, spoon mixture into prepared tin, and pat in gently with moistened fingers; sprinkle with almonds, and pat on gently.
- Bake until almonds are golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in tin. Run a thin metal spatula around macaroons to loosen them from pan; turn out onto rack, and cool completely.
Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.