Pico de Gallo
The chile ribs and seeds are the determining factor as to how hot this sauce will be. Leave them in for maximum heat, or remove them if you prefer less kick.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1/4 medium white onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 2 small serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed if desired, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.