Pico de Gallo
Martha Stewart Living, September 1996
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chile powder, preferably pasilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and toss well to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated, for up to 2 days, until serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.