Tuscan Baked Tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 10 plum tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds total), cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and breadcrumbs. Pulse until breadcrumb mixture is combined.
- Remove all of the seeds and juice from the tomatoes. Using a spoon, fill the remaining tomato flesh with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the stuffed tomatoes in a shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle tomatoes with oil; season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup water to bottom of baking dish. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake tomatoes until they are tender and the stuffing has cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Remove baking dish from oven; remove aluminum foil. Broil until crisp and slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.