- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Slice a very thin layer from the base of each bell pepper so they sit flat. Slice off tops just below stem. Discard stems; chop tops, and place in a medium bowl. Remove ribs and seeds from peppers.
- Add beans, feta, couscous, scallion whites, garlic, and oregano to bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Stuff peppers with bean mixture; place upright in slow cooker. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours.
- Sprinkle peppers with scallion greens; serve with lemon wedges.
To make in the oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In step 2, use a 5-quart Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid; add 1 cup water. Cover; bake until peppers are tender, about 1 hour. Proceed with step 3.