- Vegetables and turkey neck roasted under the Roast Turkey with Herb Butter (http://www.marthastewart.com/255976/roast-turkey-with-herb-butter)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Take the finished turkey out of the roasting pan to rest before carving. Place the pan on stove across two burners. Bring pan liquids to a boil over high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring, until vegetables are browned, 8 to 10 minutes more. (If pan begins to burn, turn off one burner, and push vegetables so they're over other burner.)
- Add 1 cup dry white wine. Cook, stirring constantly, until syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 2/3 cup all-purpose flour; cook, stirring, until flour is incorporated and browned, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add 8 cups water; bring to a simmer, stirring, about 5 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until gravy reaches desired consistency, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour gravy through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium saucepan; discard solids. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Keep warm; whisk well before serving.
Using the Right Pan: For best results, use a heavy-duty metal roasting pan with a thick bottom. Disposable aluminum pans cannot be used on the stove top.