Martha Stewart Living, December
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a simmer.
- In a large heatproof mixing bowl, combine reserved egg whites, light corn syrup, cream of tartar, water, and sugar.
- Place bowl over simmering water (it should not touch water); with a handheld mixer, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat; beat 3 to 5 minutes more to cool. Use immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.