Striped Bass with Lemon, Shiitake, and Baby Bok Choy
Baking fresh ingredients in parchment packets requires less fat than other cooking methods and keeps fish moist and tender. Quick cleanup is an added bonus.
Everyday Food, March 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 pound baby bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 4 scallions, halved and cut into strips lengthwise
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved if large
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 thin lemon slices
- 4 skinless striped bass or halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Divide bok choy among four 16-inch-long pieces of parchment paper. Top with scallions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Top each with 1 lemon slice, 1 bass fillet, and another lemon slice and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bring long sides of paper together and fold down 3 times to make a seam. Tuck ends underneath to secure.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until fish is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, 15 minutes. Carefully cut open each packet and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.