This relish goes well with grilled or roasted pork and steak, or cheese.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 2 medium green tomatoes, diced small
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 cup water to a simmer; stir until sugar has dissolved. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a rapid simmer, and cook until tomatoes are just tender and liquid has almost evaporated, about 14 minutes. (To store, refrigerate, up to 2 weeks.)
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.