- 4 ounces bacon
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces salad greens
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; peel and devein shrimp. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden. Add shrimp, and season with salt and pepper; cook until opaque, 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together marjoram, oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Add cannellini beans and salad greens to shrimp; toss with vinaigrette, as desired.
Martha has also prepared this recipe with 5 tablespoons of olive oil and no bacon. Use two tablespoons olive oil to cook the shrimp, and three tablespoons to make the dressing in Step 2.