Zucchini Nut Bread
This zucchini nut bread is a favorite of Spigolo chef Scott Fratangelo.
Blueprint, November/December 2007
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray, line with parchment paper, and spray paper. Combine zucchini, sugars, oil, and eggs in a large bowl and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in nuts and extract. Divide batter between loaf pans. Bake until a tester inserted in the middle of each loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Invert, and remove parchment paper. Cool completely on rack.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.