Margaritas for a Crowd
Photography: Victoria Pearson
Martha Stewart Living, July 2004
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Lime wedges
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups tequila, preferably premium
- 1 cup triple sec, or Grand Marnier
- Cracked ice cubes
- Make simple syrup: Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Rub rims of glasses with a lime wedge; dip rims in a dish of salt.
- In a large pitcher, combine lime juice, tequila, and triple sec or Grand Marnier. Add chilled sugar syrup, and stir to combine. Add ice cubes, and serve in prepared glasses.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.