Roasted Tomato and Fennel Sauce
Everyday Food, November 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
Yield Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds removed, bulb cored and cut into pieces
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, half of them halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 sprigs thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss together fennel, tomatoes, wine, oil, thyme, and pinch of sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, tossing occasionally, until fennel softens and pan juices thicken, 35 to 40 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.