Everyday Food, October 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
Yield Makes 24
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 ounces Manchego cheese, coarsely grated (1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (spooned and leveled) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter, cheese, salt, and cayenne with an electric mixer until combined. Gradually stir in flour until just incorporated. Add rice cereal; mix to combine.
- Form rounded tablespoons of dough into disks, 1 1/2 inches across. Arrange on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.