Everyday Food, March 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 4 garlic cloves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 baguette (24 inches long), halved crosswise, then lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make garlic paste: Coarsely chop garlic, and gather into a pile. Sprinkle generously with coarse salt. Place flat side of knife blade on top of garlic, with sharp side of blade away from you; press down firmly while pulling knife toward you. Repeat until a paste forms.
- Combine garlic paste, butter, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush butter mixture on cut sides of bread; sandwich together. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through and crispy, about 12 minutes. Slice and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.