To color glaze, add food coloring drop by drop.
Martha Stewart Living
Yield Makes 1 1/2 cups, or enough for 10 large cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- Place 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Remove the pan from heat; immediately pour the melted butter into the bowl with the sugar. Add 4 teaspoons milk; whisk until mixture is smooth. Working quickly, dip the top of each cupcake into the glaze, and place cupcake right-side up on a wire rack.
- Repeat step 1; glaze remaining cupcakes. Allow glaze to set, about 20 minutes, before decorating.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.