Make the glaze just before you are ready to ice the cooled cupcakes.
Martha Stewart Kids, Summer 2005
- Yield Makes enough for 10 cupcakes
- 2 3/4 sticks (11 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 pounds (10 1/2 cups) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in milk.
- Whisk together butter mixture and the sugar in a large bowl until icing is opaque and thickened but still pourable, 4 to 5 minutes. Use immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.