Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Sorbet
It's okay to have dessert -- in moderation. Here we jazzed up grilled pineapple with fresh mint and mini scoops of sorbet.
Everyday Food, January 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- Vegetable oil, for grates or pan
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices, and cored
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coconut sorbet
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Heat grill or a grill pan to medium; lightly oil grates or pan. In a bowl, toss pineapple with honey and cayenne. Grill until light-brown grill marks appear, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Serve pineapple with sorbet; garnish with mint.
To peel the pineapple: Using a chef's knife, trim the top and bottom, remove the peel, and slice the fruit. Cut out the tough core with a paring knife.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.