Roasted Carrots with Fresh Thyme
A sprinkle of thyme and drizzle of honey make this simple side dish from chef Emeril Lagasse's "Emeril 20-40-60" cookbook a standout at the Thanksgiving table. For a complete meal, serve with his Turkey Breast with Roasted Garlic and Fresh Herbs and Savory Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding.
Please check back after the show's airdate for photo and video.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut on the bias into 1 1/2-inch-long pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add carrots, salt, and pepper; cook, turning, 2 minutes per side. Add thyme sprigs and butter; drizzle with honey.
- Transfer skillet to oven and roast until carrots are golden and crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.