Photo: Tara Donne
Glasses of sparkling wine taste peachy with a frozen fruit puree and elderflower liqueur.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield Makes 20
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 bottles (750 mL each) Prosecco or Champagne
- 1/4 cup elderflower liqueur, preferably St-Germain
- Puree peaches, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a metal bowl. Freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- Scrape granita with a fork until fluffy. Freeze until ready to use.
- Fill 20 Champagne flutes halfway with Prosecco (you'll have some left over). Add 1 tablespoon liqueur to each. Top each glass with 1 tablespoon granita. Serve immediately.
Peach puree can be frozen overnight. Scraped granita can be frozen for up to 3 days. Scrape again before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.