Baker's Man Brownies
Bake a batch of these rich chocolate brownies as fast as you can. They're so delicious, you'll want to eat them just as quickly.
Photography: Tara Donne
Martha Stewart Living, May 2011
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield Makes 4 dozen
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour (<a href="http://bobsredmill.com" target="_blank">bobsredmill.com</a>)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini-muffin tins with baking cups (you'll need 4 dozen total).
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of
simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Fold in flours, almonds, and cherries.
- Divide batter among baking cups. Bake until brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 21 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks, and let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Turn out brownies from pans, and return to wire racks. Let cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.