- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup large pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons brine-packed capers, drained, rinsed, and finely chopped
- 20 very thin slices white bread
- 10 slices smoked salmon (about 4 ounces)
- Stir together butter, olives, and capers. Spread 1 teaspoon butter mixture onto each slice of bread. Lay salmon slices in a single layer on 10 bread slices. Sandwich with remaining bread, buttered sides in.
- Cut out 2 moons per sandwich using a 3-inch moon-shaped cookie cutter (nycake.com).
Sandwiches can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Olive-caper butter can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.