Photo: Tara Donne
"Goldilox" Tea Sandwiches
Goldilocks would have devoured her portion (and the three bears'
share) of these sandwiches. Each moon-shaped cutout has layers
of briny olive-caper butter and a just-right amount of smoked
salmon for an endearing take on bagels and lox.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup large pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons brine-packed capers, drained, rinsed, and finely chopped
- 20 very thin slices white bread
- 10 slices smoked salmon (about 4 ounces)
- Stir together butter, olives, and capers. Spread 1 teaspoon butter mixture onto each slice of bread. Lay salmon slices in a single layer on 10 bread slices. Sandwich with remaining bread, buttered sides in.
- Cut out 2 moons per sandwich using a 3-inch moon-shaped cookie cutter (nycake.com).
Sandwiches can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Olive-caper butter can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.