The batter can also be baked in a foil-lined 8-inch square pan for about 35 minutes. Cool in the pan before removing and cutting into squares.
Everyday Food, June
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Makes 12
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 chocolate-covered toffee bars (1 1/4 ounces each), finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a standard 12-cup (each 2 1/2 inches wide) muffin pan; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture, and beat just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in chopped toffee.
- Divide batter among prepared cups, filling each about halfway. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack; cool 10 minutes in pan. Turn out blondies onto rack; cool completely, top side up.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.