Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
Simple last-minute touches like toasted nuts will liven up your side dishes.
Everyday Food, April 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add coriander; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add rice; cook, stirring, until edges are transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 can chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover; simmer over low heat until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir parsley into rice. Sprinkle with almonds, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.