Pasta with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Everyday Food, September 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- Handful fresh basil leaves, to taste
- Roast the tomatoes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve 5 plum tomatoes. On two large rimmed baking sheets, arrange tomatoes, cut side up, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until softened and edges are crinkled, about 1 hour. Let cool.
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, capers (if using), and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot; toss with tomato mixture. Serve pasta topped with basil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.