Lemony Zucchini Bruschetta
Everyday Food, May 2010
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise using a vegetable peeler or mandoline
- 1 lemon
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 slices crusty bread, 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 or 2 wide shavings Parmesan
- In a medium bowl, toss together zucchini and zest and juice from 1 lemon; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature until zucchini is softened, about 30 minutes.
- Heat broiler, with rack in top position. On a rimmed baking sheet, place 4 slices crusty bread, 1/2 inch thick, in a single layer. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over each slice. Broil until browned around edges and tops are toasted, 2 minutes, rotating sheet frequently. To serve, divide zucchini among toasts, cutting bruschetta in half if desired. Top each with 1 or 2 wide shavings Parmesan and a drizzle of oil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.