- 4 cups brioche, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 7 ounces mache
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast brioche cubes on a baking sheet until
golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil, then cheese and herbs. Add lettuces, and toss to combine. Garnish with brioche croutons.
Croutons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day.