Fruit Pie with Crumb Topping
Shortcut your way to wonderful pies all summer. Prepare the crust and topping ahead, and keep them in the freezer.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
- Serves 8
- 5 cups blueberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 <u>Crumb Topping</u>
- Easy Pie Crust (http://www.marthastewart.com/285631/easy-pie-crust)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine 5 cups blueberries or other fruit with 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with 1/2 recipe Crumb Topping.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet in lower third of oven; reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and crust browns, 1 1/2 hours. If topping begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil. Let cool 6 hours.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.