Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound Bing cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup kirsch
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and cherries; stir to combine. Cook until cherries are tender and sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add kirsch, and carefully ignite. Cook until flame is extinguished. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.