Green Beans with Spiced Breadcrumbs
This side dish goes well with roasted chicken, meatloaf, or seared fish.
Everyday Food, March 2011
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (from 2 slices bread)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a small rimmed baking sheet, toss together breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, set a steamer basket in a saucepan with 2 inches simmering water. Add green beans, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. In a medium bowl, toss beans with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper and top with breadcrumbs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.