Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
For filling ideas, try adding fun ingredients like your favorite fruity jam or your preferred type of peanut butter -- creamy or crunchy.
Everyday Food, November 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Makes 22
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 box chocolate wafers (9 ounces)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Divide mixture among small bowls, using one for each flavor. Stir in desired flavorings to taste, thinning with milk if needed.
- Spread half a box of chocolate wafers with a small amount of filling; top with remaining cookies. Press gently to spread filling to the edges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.