- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 medium head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 large)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, jalapeno, oil, and sugar until combined. Add cabbage, carrots, cilantro, mint, and chicken, and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
To make the poached Chicken as Sarah does in the video, add the following to a large straight-sided skillet or pot: 2-inch piece of ginger, cut into 1/8-inch slices; half a lemon, cut into 1/8-inch slices; and 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled. Add two skinless, boneless chicken breasts and top with enough water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Season with 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; skim foam and cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 5 minutes. Flip the chicken, turn off heat and let stand, covered, until chicken is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer should read 160 degrees), 12-15 minutes. Remove chicken from water and let cool completely. Can be stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 3 days.