- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 slice white sandwich bread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree
- Place chicken thighs in a food processor, and pulse until meat is coarsely ground.
- Add bread, milk, egg white, cheese, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; process until meat is finely ground.
- With moistened hands, shape mixture into 12 meatballs. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and puree, breaking them up with your fingers; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover, and cook 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
Serve these meatballs over Spaghetti Squash with Garlic
for a virtuous take on spaghetti and meatballs.