On a hot day, use your blender to whip up a refreshing cold soup from a ripe tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper.
Everyday Food, July 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes, plus chilling
- Yield Makes 1 serving
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- 2-inch piece cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2-inch-wide strip bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Toasted country bread, for serving
- Shaved Manchego cheese, for serving
- In a food processor, puree tomato until almost smooth. Add cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, vinegars, and oil and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Chill soup in the refrigerator 30 minutes (or up to 8 hours). Adjust seasoning; thin with water if necessary. Brush bread with oil. Serve soup drizzled with oil and topped with cheese, with bread alongside.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.