Marinated Salmon Steaks with Couscous
Everyday Food, October 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes, plus marinating
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 bunch cilantro, thick stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 to 2 red jalapeno or serrano chiles (ribs and seeds removed), chopped
- 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup couscous
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a food processor, pulse cilantro, garlic, chile, ginger, paprika, and cumin until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice and pulse to combine.
- Arrange salmon in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Rub both sides with cilantro mixture. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake salmon, uncovered, until opaque throughout, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat. Cover and let stand until tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in lemon zest and 1 tablespoon oil. Serve salmon with couscous.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.