Chicken Salad with Pineapple-Lime Dressing
Feel free to use arugula in place of watercress or shrimp instead of chicken in this bright salad. The pineapple-lime dressing is also great spooned over grilled fish or chicken, or simply stirred into rice.
Everyday Food, March 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, plus 2 tablespoons juice (from 1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon minced habanero or jalapeno chile, stemmed and seeded
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 bunch (3/4 pound) watercress, thick ends trimmed
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews, chopped
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, shallot, honey, and chile. Add oil and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper and stir in pineapple. Add watercress, spinach, cashews, and chicken; toss until greens are coated with dressing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.