- 1 baguette (8 to 10 ounces), sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 60 slices)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- White-Bean and Caper Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/260341/white-bean-and-caper-crostini)
- Tomato-Basil Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/257802/tomato-basil-crostini)
- Artichoke-Dill Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/257315/artichoke-dill-crostini)
- Salami-Ricotta Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/260192/salami-ricotta-crostini)
- Pesto-Bocconcini Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/257768/pesto-bocconcini-crostini)
- Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Crostini (http://www.marthastewart.com/259842/goat-cheese-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-crost)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices on two large rimmed baking sheets; brush both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through (if undersides are not browning, turn crostini over once during baking). Let cool on baking sheets. Top crostini with desired toppings, and serve.
For an extra layer of flavor, use a garlic- or herb-infused oil.