- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine egg, garlic, lemon juice, and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 10 seconds. With machine running, add oil one drop at a time through feed tube until mixture emulsifies. Slowly add remaining oil in a steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe for aioli contains raw egg, which should not be used in food prepared for pregnant women, babies, young children, the elderly, or anyone whose health is compromised.