Baked Sweet Potatoes With Sour Cream and Brown Sugar
Rubbing a touch of vegetable oil on the potato before baking will add a nice sheen to the skin.
Martha Stewart Living, November 1997
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons dark-brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and set aside. Rub potatoes with vegetable oil, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Slit potatoes open lengthwise, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a generous dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with dark-brown sugar, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.