Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or Madeira
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Trim ends of portobello mushrooms. Break stems and caps into small pieces. Finely chop mushrooms in a food processor. Squeeze dry in a clean kitchen towel.
- Melt unsalted butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in heavy cream, dry sherry or Madeira, parsley, and fresh thyme; season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Let cool.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.