White Chocolate Mousse
We use this white chocolate mousse as part of our Birche de Noel recipe.
Martha Stewart Living Television, December 2000
- 1 envelope (7 grams) powdered gelatin
- 12 ounces best quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water, and set aside for 5 minutes. Place chocolate in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Place 3/4 cup cream in a small saucepan, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Add gelatin, and stir for 30 seconds to dissolve completely. Pour into food processor with the motor running, and process until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and place over ice water bath. Chill until mixture is thick enough to fall from a spoon in ribbons.
- Whip remaining 1 3/4 cups heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. If not using immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.